“Celebrating Houston’s most innovative contemporary artists as they turn their eye-catching designs into canvas-wrapped Red Bull coolers. The work will be showcased at Winter Street Studios, on Thursday, August 14th at 8pm. You and a luminary panel of judges will vote 2 artists through to participate in a Red Bull Curates Canvas Cooler group exhibition this coming December in Miami during the 2014 Art Basel Season.
• SCOTT TARBOX • Anat Ronen • Sebastien “Mr. D” Boileau • Deck WGF • Dual • Kelley Devine • Marsha Glickman • Taft McWhorter • GONZO247 • Cheryl Tamborello • Van McFarland • ARTKUNGFU / Angel Quesada • Dune Tencer • Kevin Hernandez • Phillip O. Perez/ Article • Jed Foronda • Jesse “Dense83” Greene • Tuyet T. Ongbarr • Jesus Martinez • Anita Varadaraju
• The Dirt • Meteor • Cottonwood • The EL Cantina • Red Door • F Bar • Boondocks • Lucky’s Pub • St. Dane’s • Dogwood • Wooster’s • Celtic Gardens • Giulietta Sociale • Barbarella • SYNN • Southside Skatepark • Premium Goods • SF2 • Kingpinz • Cactus
Luminary Judge Panel:
• Heather Wagner Reed // President and Founder, Juice Consulting LLC
-Juice Consulting was founded by Heather Wagner Reed after 20 years of working in multiple facets of public relations and marketing for many globally recognized brands, organizations and artists.
• The Reverend Butter // Sculptor
-The Reverend Butter has been sculpting ice for more than 15 years and has received numerous awards. In 2009, he and his teammates took 3rd place in the World Ice Sculpting Championships held in Fairbanks Alaska. He also placed 1st in Canada’s Magic of Ice festival held in 2009. In 2013, he went to London, England to represent the USA and brought back 1st and second place.
• Susannah Parnin Mitchell // Director of the newly designated Washington Avenue Arts District
-Houston’s newest state-recognized cultural district which is home to the highest concentration of working artists in Texas. As the leader of this budding organization, she works to preserve, promote and progress the District’s special creative offerings and to bolster the image of the neighborhood as desirable place to live, work and play.”
August 14, 2014