“Celebrating Portland’s most innovative contemporary artists as they turn their eye-catching designs into canvas-wrapped Red Bull coolers. The work will be showcased at Portland Art Museum, on Thursday, March 20th 2014 at 8pm. You and a luminary panel of judges will vote 2 artists through to participate in a Red Bull Curates Canvas Cooler group exhibition this coming December in Miami during the 2014 Art Basel Season.
20 Artists | 20 Coolers | 20 Venues
• Rather Severe • Arrex • Doctor Rastobactor • Yannick Hamon • Zach Yarrington • The Lost Cause • Mitch Freifeld • Davey Cadaver • Voxx Romana • Mad One • Nick Stokes • Ulises Farinas • Rebekah Long • Joel Barber • Hunter Armstrong • Matt Schlosky • Jay Taylor • Mikey Mckennedy • Tina Snow Le • Cheyenne Sawyer
• Sphere • Dr. Jacks • Star Theater • Slow Bar • Brix Tavern • Jones Bar • Timberline • Providence Field • Tube • Mississippi Studios • Holocene • Dante’s • North 45 • Station • Jones Bar • Pensole • Wild Fang • Music Millennium • Compound Gallery • Ellumiglow
• Tricia Chin: has worked with The Portland Art Museum for five years as a designer for the Marketing & PR department. As an avid maker of things, she creates plush toys and jewelry. Tricia has participated in several craft shows such as Portland’s Crafty Wonderland and Bazaar Bizarre San Francisco.
• Jason Sturgill: has worked with hundreds of artists curating gallery shows over the last decade. Jason teaches Graphic Design at Portland State University. Hisclients include Portland Art Museum, Poler, Nike, Sandstrom, Willamette Week, Widmer, and Juxtapoz Magazine. He holds his MFA in Art and Social Practice from Portland State University
• Pat Castaldo: is the Co-Founder of (buyolympia.com) – one of the first independent sources for art and craft online, founded in 1999. Pat manages the Land Gallery (landpdx.com), North Portland’s source for original artwork from a fantastic stable of up-and-coming and established independent artists.He is also a reformed Graphic Designer, having done album covers for many bands in the 90s for labels such as K and Kill Rockstars, including Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, and Unwound.
• Myles Haselhorst : is the owner and director of Ampersand (ampersandgallerypdx.com), a gallery, art book store, and publisher. In his career, he has curated over 40 exhibitions. Myles has also shown at numerous Art Festivals such as: New York Art Book Fair, LA Art Book Fair, Outsider Art Fair, and San Francisco Art Market Fair. In total, he has published 14 books on Art.
Music provided by:
• DJ Zimmie
• Natasha Kmeto (DJ Set / Dropping Gems)
• Rap Class (DJ Set / Dropping Gems)”